2024 Election Dates
Presidential Primary - Tuesday, March 5, 2024
Primary Election - Tuesday, August 13, 2024
General Election - Tuesday, November 5, 2024
Registration ahead of time saves you time and hassle on election day. Make your voting experience easier this year by preregistering before election day. You must register to vote if you are a new resident, have moved to another precinct in the City, or have not voted at least once during a four-year period. You may either preregister at least 21 days before election day or at the polls on election day.
Locally, you can preregister at the Winona County Government Center. Registration can also be done the day of election at your precinct location.
There are specific identification requirements that must be presented at the time you register. You must present one of the following items:
Election judges help guarantee the rights of voters are protected and ensure the election process is fair, accurate and in accordance with election laws. Serving on a team of elections judges is a wonderful, rewarding experience and also a great way to meet your neighbors!
- Be at least 18 years of age, a U.S. citizen and a Minnesota resident for at least 20 days
- Open and close the polling place
Time Off From Work
State law allows for time off from work without loss of wages to serve as an Election Judge with 20 days prior written notice to the employer. (Minnesota Statute 204B.195.)
- 6 am to approximately 9 pm – full day is preferred
If you are interested in becoming an election judge for a future election, please contact the City Clerk's office at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Winona City Council includes a Mayor and six City Council Members. Four of the Council members are elected to represent on of the City's Four Wards. The remaining two members are elected at-large.
Filing will be held in May 2024. More information will be posted here closer to that time.
- Must have not filed for another office at the upcoming primary or general election
- Must be 21 years of age or more upon assuming office
- Must have maintained residence in the City of Winonafor at least 30 days before the general election
For more candidate information see the Secretary of State’s website.
Experation of Terms
December 31, 2024
December 31, 2024:
- Ward 3 Council Member Pamela Eyden
- At-large Council Member Aaron Repinski
December 31, 2026:
- Ward 1 Council Member George Borzyskowski
- Ward 2 Council Member Jeff Hyma
- At-large Council Member Jerome Christenson