Drainlayers Permits & Licensing


The City of Winona requires persons making connections to sewers or drains within the city to be Drainlayer Licensed. In addition, any person excavating and/or having its equipment or facilities within the right-of-way must be City of Winona Right-of-Way Registered and obtain the proper permit for such work.

To make application for a Drainlayers License, you must furnish the City Engineer satisfactory evidence that you are trained and skilled in the business and provide the following:

Contractor Licensing:

Annual License Fee - $30 Licenses expire on December 31st.

All contractors who have been approved and hold a current Drainlayer’s License with the City of Winona are place on the list of Licensed Drainlayer contractors. Homeowners are provided copies of this listing in order that they secure qualified contractors.

Permit Fees, Guidelines, City Ordinances and Procedures: