How to Apply
The City of Winona prefers applicants apply online. Applicants may request a printed copy by contacting human resources by sending an email to Human Resources or by calling (507) 457-8234
Use the online form by clicking on the “Apply Online” button on the job posting page. The online form will take you through each step of the application, supplemental and veteran’s preference forms as applicable. You will also be able to upload a cover letter, resume and any other supporting documents requested using the prompts within the online form.
- Please allow sufficient time to complete the online form. If you must stop the application process, you can save your progress by creating an account.
- The online application is time stamped and any submissions received after the deadline will be automatically excluded.
- If multiple submissions from the same applicant are received we will only consider the most recent form and documents submitted prior to the deadline.
Process After Submission of Application
You will receive notification within 20 days of the closing date regarding the status of your application.
Applicant must pass each examination in order to proceed to the next step.
- Qualifications rating - pass/fail based on minimum requirements listed
- Assessment of application and supplemental questionnaire
- Panel interview
- Merit Board review and certification of finalists
Results of Examinations
Candidates will be notified by mail or email of initial examination results within approximately 20 days of job posting closure date. Job offers will be made within 20 days of the Merit Board review date.
Job Offer Information
- Driver’s license and/or criminal history checks will be conducted for all positions
- Medical physical may be required for some positions
- Pre-employment drug screening is required for all positions
Additional Information or Assistance
Please email Human Resources or call our office at (507) 457-8234 for additional information, request assistance or report a problem.