Fall Display Show
Show off your creativity in the Fall Display Show!
The display show is for exterior decorations, including decorations in windows that are visible from exterior. During the event, community members are encouraged to walk, ride bikes or drive to view all the displays and cast their vote on which ones they liked best!
Categories for voting:
- - Scare-Tastic- best fright
- -Too Cute to Spook- too cute to be scary
- -Best Effects- including lights/mechanical effects
- -Overall theme of a display
Schedule for the Event:
- - September 28th - Registration Opens
- - October 11th-15th Sign pick up @ East Recreation Center
- - October 18th - Judging Window Opens Link for voting here- Fall Display Show 2021 (google.com)
- - November 1st- Judging window closes
- - November 2nd Winners are announced
Location of displays
- Lakeview Ave & Clarks Ln
- Grand St & Sarnia St
- Jefferson & East 5th St**
- Ridgewood Dr.
- Hamilton & E. Mark St
- Marian St.
- W. Service Drive (Sugar Loaf Ford)
- Rivers Oak Ct & Oakdale Ln
- W. 5th & Cummings St
- Gale St.
**Display 3 will be viewable on the weekend of 10/30 & 10/31
- Participation is open to all residents in Winona
- Entry applications must be received no later than October 15th
- Contest is for exterior decorations, including decorations in windows that are visible from the exterior.
- Community members will vote for their favorite displays in four categories: Scare-Tastic- overall sense of fright, Too Cute to Spook, Best Effects- including lights and mechanical effects, Overall Theme of a display
- Voting will be based on “curb appeal” displays must be able to be viewed from the street/sidewalk.
- Participants agree to have one or more photos of the exterior of their decorated home on the City of Winona website, social media pages, as well as used in future promotional publications.
- Displays should be viewable between 5-9pm & identifiable by supplied lawn sign
- All voting will close on Sunday October 31st
- Participants should ensure that all lights, animations, and decorations are in place and activated before the weekend of October 30th
- Winners will be announced on November 2nd via the Winona Parks & Recreation website and social media