What activities do I need a City permit for?

City permits are needed for the following items:  

  • Closing streets/sidewalks/parking lots.
  •  Park closures and race events where utilizing streets, parking lot closures, or park space.
  •  Food, beverages and liquor sales.   Certain areas need approval to consume alcohol as well.
  •  Music events, fundraiser or gambling events, any vendor sales.
  •  Beer kegs at parties/events/rentals.

Any event request extended past pre-approved open or closure time (most facilities approved to run 8:00am to 10:00 pm)              

*This list is not all-inclusive list of items requiring council approval*                                                      

If the event requires any special needs that have been preapproved by Council, contact should be made with the appropriate City staff/department at minimum one week prior to the event, Monday-Friday, 8am-Noon (12 pm).

Show All Answers

1. Do I have to have make a damage deposit?
2. How do I reserve a pavilion/shelter or a lodge?
3. What is the refund policy for cancellation or bad weather?
4. How do I get/return the key for my rental site?
5. Can I stay overnight in a lodge?
6. Can I put up a canopy or have inflatables at my site?
7. Is alcohol or smoking allowed in/on city facilities?
8. What am I expected to do for clean-up after using the facility?
9. Is grilling allowed and are there grills available at my park facility rental site?
10. Who do I contact if I have an issue the day of my rental?
11. Are decorations allowed?
12. When is the shelter available for me to use on the day of my event?
13. Can I change my rental after I pay for the shelter and a permit is issued?
14. Are there restriction on catering?
15. What is included in my rental?
16. What activities do I need a City permit for?